Monday, November 25, 2013

So.... E Book here I come...

Sorry I have been remiss in the blog area...

I have started to write an Ebook... I started it this week and am now at 4,000 words.

My goodness what a waffler I am!

I thought it would be the neoprene version of a bodice ripper, but I find it difficult to write about sex.  A bit like when guys ask me to talk dirty and I respond with 'ooh stick it in me.... please !'.

I enjoy sex purely as a means to feeling close to someone, skin on skin, connection, emotion.  I find it difficult to separate an act of such complexity to a line 'his member throbbed like the pulsing of plutonium in a gamma rod as he rammed it into the welcoming opening of her moist conductor'.

Anyway, I digress.  The E book will be about experiences of my diving life intermingled with, of course, some romantic liaisons.  I'll keep it low level in the erotic stakes.. but if required maybe I could ramp it up if required.... though trying to keep a straight face with writing about divers going deep diving etc is an interesting one.

So a quick precis on my life at the moment.

Still involved in a million projects that like lead balloons are very loathe to leave the ground.

I am still having problems with my house in Costa Rica - Finally managed to find another renter (my initial renter of one year left after one month after being burgled).  This one for a week didn't last long either.. less than 24 hours and he left after being burgled too!  This house is costing me dearly.  I have to pay for its upkeep of $500 a month + still paying for the fittings and the money I paid for improvement for security a couple of months ago of $2500 didn't even reach for that as it went to general maintenance.  The TV has just been replaced at a cost of $400 on the back of the week's rent that is not to be!  Aaaaahh!!

And I am still working on a three day job that pays me $120 a day basic...
For the first time in 8 months I didn't sell anything in two weeks, so no commission there.

So lucky that I am renting my house out here.. what a lifesaver!

At the moment I sit in the office at 10.00 at night. I am living in the backpackers and rather than pay for internet it's easier to sit here in the office.  It's also pissing down with rain with vengeance.  At one point in the office today we all looked out at the river of mud and debris just pouring like a raging torrent down the road.  Rainy season has indeed arrived!

I was supposed to meet a friend for dinner tonight, but she has to get back to her house on the other side of the river about an hours drive away so she can get cut off on the right side!

Men.. haha! that's a larf..   let's just say blokes.

Good quality is not in high abundance here.  I am not so worried.  I think just having guys that like me and 'hang loose' is fine for me. 

With one of them I feel like the agony aunt with benefits.  I have known him for nearly two years.  He has been through two relationships in that time (6 months and 3 months) and I'm the ear and the person that takes a little of an ear pounding.  Bless him, he is 32 and wears his heart on his sleeve.  He is a sensitive soul with a bit of a rough edging, but he is uncomplicated and we have a lovely understanding.  Though the comment "if only I had met you 20 years ago" kind of jarred me back into the reality of the situation!

Simon after nearly two years has literally disappeared.  His last words to me was how much he loved me and he didn't want to leave me.  That was after our romantic tryst in early October when we went to stay in a motel (oh yes, I get to stay in the swankiest places).  He just turned 27, but I think that he was disappearing into a world of dealing ice and friends that were most definitely leading him astray.  He has moved back in with his Father now, and despite a couple of letters and a facebook message he has literally vanished.

Paul - a good friend, again of about one and a half years.  We are just good friends and never had the inclination to go any further.  He recently reared back up after a failed 3 month relationship.  So that would be good to have his company a bit more as he is an interesting, intelligent and lovely guy.  Though I consider him to be a little too complicated and intense at times. He hardly needs any sleep, gets up and watches every sunset and being in his mid-late 40's has become quite inflexible in how he is - he would certainly expect a woman to work round him.

Tim - a Port Douglas one night stand that ended up being a two night stand.  He is fun to be with and we get on well.  He is definitely playing the field, but we have glasses of wine together.  I haven't ever made a move on him.  We first got together as we started chatting in the pub and then I invited him along to trivia.  I thought he was nice, but didn't think anything more.  The girls at trivia most definitely thought he was nice.. and two girls in particular were doing their best.  I had written him off that he was going to end up with this young American girl as they seemed to be getting very friendly.

What did go extremely well was Timmeee staying.  I was totally apprehensive about him staying for the month.  In the end he only stayed two weeks and went off travelling.  Smart, intelligent, considerate, accommodating... and such great fun company.  He really was a joy.  I don't have any sexual attraction to him and he has a girlfriend, but I can say now after he left a week ago that I have a wonderful treasured friend that I am privileged to have had the opportunity to develop our relationship with.  He is 47 so nearer my age, but seems at least 10 years younger.  With a yacht that he has been chartering out for sailing for the last 10 years in Central America (I met him in Honduras) he is not your archetypal man of his age.  Probably why we got on so well - 2 round pegs in a square hole!

I said goodbye at the end and he walked up to me and said "I'm on my way home too so if you fancy a glass of wine at my place" (we had already worked discussed that he lived a block away)... so that's how we ended up sipping some rather fruity red wine that night.. before we crushed our own grapes (haha .. how corny is that!).

Job wise, I do like my job, but it has to be a JOB not a hobby.  If Costa Rica and the rental of my house was being a bit more behaved then I could relax a bit more, but I am still applying for more secure work - especially now that low season is coming up.  I can't really survive on what I'm getting and I don't want to eat into my dwindling savings!

Well, will update again soon.. as they say in the movies... watch this space.....

I want to tell you about my spiritual encounter with my friend who did the reading.. but will have to wait until the next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment