Saturday, March 31, 2012

Shipboard Safety Course

Just been on a 3 day ship board safety course. A compulsory course that everyone who works on a boat here has to complete before their 6 months is up, though I have to add.. with an additional $250 of my money!

As sod would have it.. the road that week from Port Douglas to Cairns had had a rock slide so I decided to go up the night before via the 2.5 hour ride over the 'Range' as opposed to the 1 hour cut off one.

Beautiful journey taking me over the top of the mountain range, passed the mango winery, the coffee plantations, the ice creamery and more interesting the spy camera museum!

I had arranged to meet up with a new Plenty of Fish guy called Jaco.. he popped up the other day after sending me a kiss and looked a real sweety, so I thought.. why not?

He is Dutch, aged 24 (yikes!) and when we met up he had a lovely smiley face, intelligent and we discussed art and people's attitude to it (he has a art history degree)! He was very lovely and wanted to meet up again and come to Port Douglas. Despite me thinking 'oh my God.. he is SOO young' I actually enjoy being with him and he was the one that initiated contact with me so and he seems to be keen to move things along!

No comments:

Post a Comment