Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saturday night ... drunken dissection

Met up with my two friends Gail and John. It was St. Patrick's day, so I was expecting a bit of a night out on the town (I had my only green dress on to get in the spirit). No sooner than I had found them in Paddy's (yep.. Irish Bar.. one in every place!) than we left to go round to some friends of theirs. They had won a stay in a penthouse apartment in Port Douglas so invited us back for drinks.

So I had a nano second in Paddy's bar and then we adjourned to said Penthouse.

So beginneth the drinking games. How many times should I remind myself to eat something before I enter the world of alcoholic consumption.

So decorum started to be the sufferer. I was fine.. but definitely kicking in.

It was certainly kicking in when Gail got upset with John . John and I were sitting next to each other when he put his arm round me and flicked my hair. Which I was totally oblivious to. I certainly would have thought it was a little bit 'familiar' even though we are very good friends. Gail is worried as she starts a forensic science degree in August and is moving away from Port then.. though John is staying, though they will still be together. I think with drink this insecurity reared its head and it didn't help that John did that to me.

Difficult situation, luckily, I hadn't noticed and so was just a little drunk and so managed to keep it low key with a shrug saying that I didn't notice 'no big deal' type of thing. It made me think that if I had noticed what would I have done or said. Probably I would have ignored it, putting it down to friendly drunken bit of affection giving, but it's difficult to know when a line has been crossed and then to make an issue out of it which saying something then will do.

So funny we were up in the spa drunk, doing handstands, diving down etc. Non of us had swim things on so we were in our underwear. This morning I noticed that I had got my g string on the wrong way round...(no not back to front. - that would have been interesting! .. but my leg was through the wrong hole so the top was the side!). Let's hope everyone else was too drunk to notice my mis dressing mistake.

So today was the getting over the hangover day. Yuch! Gary came round and made me some lunch which was lovely of him and managed to have monosyllabic conversation with him.

Note to self.. remember to eat before I go out on the piss! How old am I.. and I should know to learn by my mistakes by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment