Friday, March 2, 2012

How strange.. blast from the past...

How strange is this..

Just received an email message from a guy called John:

Oh my god Pen I just saw your name on a website I was looking at or property in Costa Rica!! I know theres not many Penelope P's out there so i googled you and see that you've reinvented yourself as a scuba diving artist?? And you are in Oz again now? Haha what a surprise that was. I'm sorry that we lost touch - I dont really know why we did - i guess we already had a bit after Sydney - but I suppose we were young and there was no facebook back then. I think email had only just been invented haha.You know thats actually almost true cos it was like 20 years ago (no that cant be right can it?? 1992). That profile photo looks like you've hardly changed!

Well just to quickly fill you in - I've been living in Vancouver for the last 7 years. I got married to a Canadian girl in 2005 and I've now got 2 young kids (Leo who's 2 and Emma who's 4 months). I go back to UK every now and again - still see Chris whenever I go back. He's also married with 2 kids but he started well before me. I just work enough to enable myself to go snowboarding regularly and to have enough money to travel - although the family are making that a bit less adventurous. We love Costa Rica and went there for the first time a few years ago. I cant wait to go back and we were researching a trip out there this year.
Well drop me a line if you're happy to get back in touch again and we'll talk more.



The only thing is... I haven't got a clue who he is.... if my memory serves me right.. I didn't sleep with him! Yep... with a memory like mine.. not so sure about that one either!

Wrote back and said .. get onto Facebook... maybe a photo will jog my memory!


No comments:

Post a Comment