Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Lucky Shag... shag

dating

So my first weekend in Perth...

Arranged to meet up with Josh (been texting him as he lives in Perth!) .. contact through Plenty of Fish!

We arranged to meet up at a pub called the Lucky Shag Waterfront Bar.


Aptly.......... called!!

He bought me dinner and before I knew it we were chatting and then we went back to his place.

He so reminds me of a good friend of mine in mannerism. A smart guy... and very endearing.. not to mention a hot body (he is a personal trainer as well as a mine worker.. he supervises drilling) !

Though a little concerned when he said that I was 'much older than him'... he is 32 (does he guess that I am really 49.. or does he think I am the '40' that I put in my profile details) and also a bit concerned that the lights were left off - had this awful feeling that it was either him covering up for something on his part.. or that he didn't want to look at me! Anyway the next morning it was all fine .. though trying to not roll on my back and not to snore all night made me a bit tired in the morning! We decided to go for a civilised breakfast (complete with newspapers.. that we both stipulated) which we did back in Fremantle and then we went to visit the Maritime Museum with a 1.5 hour tour round a submarine... yes, my idea as it had an interesting exhibition of history of diving equipment which Josh surprisingly seemed to be keen to see. Though my eyes were glazing over as the person showing us round loved the sound of his voice. I have just had a week of lectures non stop.. so it was a little too much for me.

I joked that I bet he never thought when we met up last night that he would be walking round a submarine the next day! Oh yes.. I am one for surprises!

I dropped him back home in Perth in time for him to watch rugby.

He thanked me for opening his eyes up to diving and seems keen to come up and see me in Port Douglas.

Well, we shall see...!

But a lovely night and great way to spend my first free day here!


No comments:

Post a Comment