Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Back to School for 3 weeks..





Welcome to my new school.. for the next 3 weeks....


So here starts my first days at TUCF - studying my first level Commercial Diver Licence . Definitely where the big boys are!

What strikes me most is this is serious stuff... elements of some of the courses cover 'submarine escape' and 'explosives' (that's level 2.. I am only doing 1)

We even have a chapter in the course notes 'Appendix J Female NATO N1079 Flange'... I bet all the guys can't wait to find out about Female Flange!

There are 12 of us on the course with one other girl (dive instructor from Bahrain) and the rest guys. A bouncer from Adelaide (who looks like someone pressed the button too long on the inflate button), a German guy, Mike (who I live with, aged 27 and every few moments asking where the party is), an archaeologist, a truck driver from France..... will find out about the rest, but they are the ones that stand out.

I live with three guys, Tristan (French truck diver, and VERY French), Mike and Josh (married guy from Gold Coast..). We all seem to get on well at the moment.. Tristan is typical in his Frenchism, Josh - laid back Ozzy, Mike with his German intensity (watching the space between Tristan and Mike... waiting to see if any sparks fly) and me the one of the lads.. but a girl.

I went to the charity shop at lunch and bought some more dive gear.. yep.. overalls .. steel toed work boots.. oh yes.. we are talking glamour with a micro sized 'g'.




Sign on the back of the toilets so you can check the colour of your urine to see if you are hydrated



Very tempting .. put some in my BCD pocket and blow up the Japanese Whale Ships!





A bit unfortunate angle.. but when I first arrived.. this got me a little bit worried Looked like a James Bond advertising sign " A global licence to die!'

No comments:

Post a Comment