Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Day of Lovers... or virtual ones!

Valentines Day.... I went to bed on the eve of Valentines day with a chink of unrealistic hope that there would be a big bouquet of passionate crimson roses to greet me in the morning, sitting there on my doorstep.

Then I thought ... no one knows my address... and let's face it hell has more chance of freezing over than me getting a bouquet of flowers.

We are talking from a woman of 49 who has had 3 bouquets of flowers from men in her whole life totality. A figure that would make Interflora blanche!

The day did go on ... I was working and diving on the boats.. and so did quite forget about it. When I pulled into shore (we have no signal out on the Reef) 3 messages bleeped up.... from Dean - (boxer,) P - Wildchild and

Nath798

Matt, a new man on the horizon..... yet to be divulged to you.. and very early stages.. we had only chatted on the phone, so had never met till today. He seems to be a real sweety, but not in such a sickly way. He messaged after our meeting "Was great to meet you Penny! You are quite the diva aren't you? I just wanted to give you a big kiss! :) Drive Safely, chat soon x" - now that's a first for me.. never been called a diva before.. I hope he meant it in the best possible way (and not like Mariah Carey or Celine Dion way!). We are meeting up again on Friday.. so more will be revealed after Friday!

So who invited me out for a romantic dinner? None of them.... but that was OK, I had already put up my middle finger in rebelliousness of the day by organising to meet with my friend Louise (whose partner was away). So we went to Watergate and supped on Strawberry Mohitos, left at 10.30 and was tucked in by myself by 11.00!



No comments:

Post a Comment