Saturday, June 23, 2012

Over and out Roger!

Received a message today from 'Roger' saying "Rosie, my wife thinks we are having an affair".

Roger, is the guy that is doing the building work/renovations in my house.  I thought, well, that's weird as I was only round their house for dinner last week and I didn't pick up on any awkward vibes from her.  Roger and I have a professional relationship that overlaps to a friendship but nothing that has overlapped into any indiscretion.

So this is the message thread:

So I replied

Me: Tell her my repellent keeps men away as well!"

Roger: The last few messages have been "U left ur radio here... Hope all goes well this weekend.. thanks so much for today.  Looks great!" and "Hi. Hope u had a good ride yesterday.  Are u going to Rusty's tmorw?" lol

Me: Haha well double entendres.. can always be misconstrued depending on the interpreter.  U know Linda's always welcome anytime... We can have coffee and a chat and watch u work!

Roger: Who's Linda,  I think you have a few Rogers in your life.  I'm the finance one.

That's when it clicked I'd been sending my text messages to the WRONG Roger.  I have another "Roger" who was my finance advisor.

Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment