Sunday, July 8, 2012

Over 1,000 of you have hit this blog!

Yes... over 1,000 hits on my lil' ol' blog.

So to my readers I say a big thank you!  If you look at the stars one night... one realises how insignificant our little lives are and that's how I feel about this blog.  For people to show any interest in the ramblings of a crazy middle aged woman is all humbling.

I know I don't blog as often as a dedicated blogger should, but I hope my ditties and insights are entertaining, some times insightful, odd times amusing and hopefully inspirational.

From the statistics I see that my readers are from many diverse countries - Australia, Russia, US, UK, Germany, Costa Rica, Malaysia, Canada, Panama and Egypt.  Though the stats don't show the breakdown of sex, I would bet on the fact that 99.9% of the readers are women.  No matter what country we come from women have the same needs and wants wherever we are, whether we are single, married, or mothers.  At 49, never married with no children my lifestyle is one of foot loose and fancy free.  If you are a Mother with children and families I am sure there are wistful thoughts about this type of lifestyle.  My advice has always been - the grass may always be greener on the other side.. but it just depends where you water it!

I hope through my blog that women will realise that deconstructing one's life to live it again is not a backwards step.  Have the courage of your convictions! 

Remember no one is in charge of your happiness except you!

So some wise words:

Respect yourself to walk away
From anything that no longer 
serves you
grows you
or makes you happy


It hasn't all been easy, but I have discovered the difference between 'alone' and 'lonely' and 'single' and 'unmarried'.  There have been times I have had to take my mind off the solitary Sundays or the large King Size that I sleep in singly.  I tried not to think too much about the task of building a life in a new country in a new place without knowing anybody.  But having you out there reading this, writing this - what a wonderful tool the internet is  - a real life saver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment