Thursday, July 26, 2012

2's company 3's a crowd...

So looking forward to meeting my dive buddy Mr PADI.  Yes, of course I fancy him, amazing body.. but he just personifies what I would like in a man.  He is intelligent, fun, motivated, diver,... blah blah blah.. (got to sound a bit like a shopping list then!).

I always look forward to seeing him.  Always a bit unfortunate that the way I managed to make inroads into seeing him was offering myself up as a cinema buddy.  This is a bit of a give with one hand and take with the other as this way I get to see him, but we sit and don't really communicate.

His last text message as he ran off to go to a meeting that he couldn't cancel was 'we'll do dinner or something next time"

So yep.. my hopes were raised.. the ante has been upped, we can sit together and get to know each other.

So was a little disappointed that his communication was to go to the cinema.  I obviously will take any opportunity so grasped at these bits of grass...

Looking forward to today, then get a text "Can you get 2 tickets for m, I am plus one".

So I'm thinking either a lovely male friend (cosy sandwich in the cinema).. or a girlfriend (not so cozy sandwich).  I couldn't believe he would bring a girlfriend, despite me thinking that if he brings a girl it shows how he really doesn't reagard me as anything more than an innocuous 'buddy'.


I arrived at the cinema ... aaaah!  He arrived with this girl in tow...   I remember a friend of mine saying that Mr PADI had been married to a Thai girl, so I am thinking 'he likes petite"..  and this 'friend  he brings along is petite.  I feel hugely Amazonian when I am next to her.  She wasn't particularly friendly (thank goodness it wasn't a dinner date!) and wasn't over eager to introduce herself.  I was wondering what the hell she must be making of all this..  luckily Mr PADI sat between us in the cinema.

In the cinema he was making conversation with her and they seemed to be on friendly terms.. the only question I got asked was 'how's your car?'.  As my ex boyfriend used to say - I felt a bit like a spare cock in an orgy. 

I was surprised as with him I always imagined him to be with some glamorous creature, which is why I always tried to make myself look glam and alluring - the first time we met I had my hair done and had  special manicure.  This girl was small, jeans, long hair and not particularly stunning in any way.   She had white teeth (but don't all Americans.. yes, she was American).  But cut to the chase, she was probably in her early 30's and when it comes to being in any head to head in any bitch fight.. I'm over the ropes and in with the audience - I don't have the wherewithall to fight for any man, and let's face it, she has her life ahead of her, children, family etc... so it's really a non starter.  I have the age now to bow out gracefully.,



Batman the Dark Knight... Batman the Dark Awkward Moments more like.

After the film Mr PADI offered to pay for the tickets I bought, I said 'Next time' with a smile, gathered up what pride I had left and said my goodbyes and left like a Batman out of hell.

Got to the car and realised that I had left the ticket in the car - and you can only pay for it inside - OK when it's not 9.00 at night and the doors of the Shopping Centre close behind you.

That lump in my throat did efferfesce into tears.

A message on my phone popped up "You OK? You left so quickly" from Mr PADI


So people what do I do....

1.  Act nonchalant and pretend nothing is amiss with a text back saying "hi, yeh, had to leave in a hurry as had to check out something at work" (kind of true). 

2. Send text back saying - 'felt a bit of a spare part, and didn't want to intrude on your evening'

3. Send text saying- Would be good to catch up again soon and then I can explain.

4.  Leave it......?


I have just sent a message back 3 days later - "Yes, Thought it appropriate to leave.   I must admit I felt very awkward.  Whether she was your girlfriend or friend I just felt uncomfortable.. I hope u understand"

Will see what happens...



No comments:

Post a Comment