Friday, September 27, 2013

It's been a while.....

June.. July.. August.. Sept....


Yes, it's been a while.

A lots been happening... though it seems that I just seem to go round in circles.

July had me meet a wonderful man called Mark - 4 days before I was due to fly to the UK for 3 weeks.

So I left with his lovely text message as a reminder of our special time together on my phone:

Goodbye babes have a good trip and just no that I will be missing you girl xoxox I will see u soon hay xox.

So on an amazing trip back to the UK.. touched down in London and then that evening jetted out to the quietly beautiful island called Formentera off of Ibiza with my best friend and her family.... now my 2nd family!

After 24 hours getting to the UK my trip to Ibiza was slightly lighter as my baggage never arrived from Australia - so arrived in Ibiza with literally nothing but the clothes on my back!

Much time in Ibiza was spent on the phone or trying to Skype Air France to locate lost baggage and contacting Mark.

Seeing my best friend again and her family was so cathartic.  With my life in Port Douglas I do my best not to think about friends and family and how I miss them.  I am in a tropical paradise bubble of scenic beauty and try and keep my head in the sand when thinking about this.

Formentera is a beautiful island credited with the best beaches in Europe with white sand beaches and shimmering clear blue aquamarine seas.  Accessorising the beaches are the draped bodies of languidly tanned Italians and Spanish of the smart and trendy 'set'.

The only other English people I spied started with me seeing a lobster pink mound of flesh ("it's a bit red know but it will go brown").  A highly rotund lady in a contrastingly retreating bikini saying in a loud northern English voice "Oi! Yer got The Sun... throw it over I wanna read it!".  Oh yes, pure sophistication and English class!

Ibiza was stunning - dancing on the beach with 3,000 people till the early hours was just amazing - one big disco with Abba, 70's hits.. just briliant fun.

I was dirty danced in a nightclub by a highly hormoned Italian DJ.  After working for 10 years in tourist resorts I can almost visibly see the stamp on the forehead 'out for what I can get with girl tourists'.  Another strange moment I was walking down the road and this beautiful Italian man came up to me to try on my cowboy hat.  Before I knew it we had locked lips and were passionate kissing.... wow!  Only looking down at his feet to see his black shoes, that were more like black velvet slippers with a gold embroidered crest on them made me pull back from the starry sky and find my feet planted firmly back on the ground.  What is it about Italian men... I had an Italian boyfriend in 1989 who was stunningly attractive, totally devoted and yet when we went skiiing in his chalet I looked down at his feet one night and he had bedsocks on with pom poms that his Mother knitted.  That was the end of that one!

I stayed for 6 days in Ibiza and then returned back to London ... big event ... my Nephew's wedding!

Bye Bye Australia.... on my way to Europe...


Leaving mainland Ibiza to the quieter island of Formentera


Party.. Dancing to Abba and 70's tunes with another 3,000 + dancers

Our favourite hangout - Chez Gerdi










Delicious fresh figs with sweet sauce at Chez Gerdi

Brilliant idea to avoid cigarette butts in the sand..

The imagination and creativity of the restaurants and bars were just stunning

The stairway to the star at Chez Gerdi

A regular evening routine.. mohito cocktail at Pirates Bar and watching the sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment