Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday 20th September 2011

Doing well, if I keep this up might even get an entry every day!

An accusing email last night put me into a bit of whirl from the 'ex' saying that he was off the booze and cigarettes and that if I had 'bothered to find out and didn't think all the time about myself' I would have known. That he has now changed his life and moved forward. My response - because I couldn't resist was to remind him of his deceit, lack of empathy and that anybody when they hurt someone replies when they say they are hurt by his actions says 'well suck it up and deal with it'.

I should rise above all this - but it was a tempting thrust and cut. A phone call today briefly he sounded all chirpy so I think we are back on track with the friendship and it survived the side swipes.

Spent the morning organising, researching in lieu for my various projects.. all will be revealed in the fullness of time!
Thought I would try and sneak into a nearby resort swimming pool that has swim lanes. Ironically, the resort, that I nearly bought a house in, but bought the one I am in instead. Thought I could sneak in but no such luck. So I signed up for 2 weeks for $25 which seems a pretty good deal and had a little smug feeling when they said that even if you owned a property on the resort I would still have had to pay.

Just started my swim.. set myself a little target of 20 lengths (ok, ok, length of pool was 25 metres) gently gently. Overheard the guy in the next lane say to his daughter " I will be doing the 100 so will be out within the hour". Well, I did my 20, lay on a sunbed, read a chapter of my book, fell asleep, woke up and he was still going - he was still going when I left.

Bit of a whoo hooo.. moment this evening - new 2 and a half Men episode with Ashton Kutcher - yep.. certainly think they are appealing to the ladies in the audience - or did wardrobe have a malfunction and found out at the last minute that Charlie Sheen's clothes just didn't fit him. Ashton Kutcher parading around naked for half an hour - though funny how the tv kept going square focus when senstive bits were in the screen - is that TV imaging for 'use your imagination'. No wonder that Demi Moore looks so happy!

How strange that Charlie Sheen's new programme Charlie Sheen Roast blares onto the screen only half an hour later - to the AC/DC runaway train anthem. And judging from the first intro on the programme it's all been done in the worst possible taste - within the first 1 minute they have mocked Amy Whitehouse and joked about his cocaine habit.. a train wreck of a programme at full speed.

Had a bit of chicken, salad and couscous for dinner - with additional taste of sprinklings of burnt plastic. Only in China would they make a fish slice that disintegrates under heat! Now how do I get burnt plastic off a frying pan?

No comments:

Post a Comment