Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Year Reolutions!



Not to make any!!

Resolutions - Nope.. just setting myself up for failure!

I try and think at the end of the year what I have achieved or what I have experienced new.. so here they are:

  • I tasted S.American Cherries
  • I started liking crocodile and laksa meat pies
  • I Officiated for the first time as a wedding celebrant
  • First job as a Commercial Diver
  • I have never had a 6 ft roll of paper whcih had printed on it a naked man .. along with that I have never had a photocopy of a blown up enis in my car either (the game for the hen's function that I was organising.
  • Ah , yes first time I have organised a hen night!
  • I discovered the great uses of epoxy glue that can be used in such a multitude of different ways.
  • My first permanent stall of my driftwood items.
  • Developed my natural product range to include heel balm hangover cure, multi-cleaner, face spritzer
  • Attended my first basket ball game
  • First time to swim in an aboriginal birthing lake
  • First job working on a local newspaper - and magazine.. columns written, photos published..
  • Had a bunch of flower given to me (well' that doesn't happen every year.. believe me!)
  • My photos and columns published.  Written my first columns on Food and Wine , Beauty, Theatre review..
  • First time dancing on a beach at a disco in Ibiza
  • First time that I have ever lost my luggage.... (returned to me after a 2 months!).
  • First time I spent Christmas by myself
  • I started to get into the routine of yoghurt and fruit in the morning for breakfast
  • I swam my first km and continue to swim it most weeks this year...
  • I had my first anti-aging treatment, which lasted for about 4 months.. (the vampire facial) - given free as part of a beauty piece I was writing
  • First and last time I'll ever be Aunty of the Groom at a wedding!
  • First time I've traveled half way across the world with the ashes of a relative in my suitcase
  • First time I've been kissed by twins on both cheeks (and both rather attractive ones!)
  • First discovery of a silver hair... now I know why it's called 'silver'. I can't believe one hair can refract so much light, like someone polished it with silver polish.  Daren't pull it out in case 20 come back in the same place.
What a wonderful year back to Ibiza to spend with my second family and how wonderful to go to my nephew's wedding.

I had some wonderful guests:
The Mother of my exboyfriend who died from a heroin overdose.  She came for a week and we had a lovely time.

Tony - A friend a met 10 years ago in Honduras as he invited me for drinks on his yacht (yep that's what I call a chat up line).  We have been friends since then (never went to the yacht). He has stayed in the past with me and my ex boyfriend in London and Costa Rica.  How refreshing was his visit and made for another first.. winning 4 trivia quiz games in a row (yep.. 2 of them was just us two).  Made me realise how important an intellectually stimulating and interesting man is.  We got on so well - was worried that his initial comment of coming for a month might have been overkill.  But it ended up being 2 weeks and was just wonderful very day.

As another year starts I also have some new friends.. and can only think.. bring it on 2014!








No comments:

Post a Comment