Friday, April 20, 2012

Make yourself at home!

I love people coming round.. don't get me wrong.. but there's coming around and staying around! Su casa mi casa is all very well, but not mi casa es totally su casa!

I've had Karen around from 10.00 to 2.00 today helping with her unfair dismissal case (typing up her emails, finding out information for her) and half a day yesterday - with the text... 'I'll just pop round for coffee' (so does 'pop mean 4 hours?). Then bumped into Gary (see previous blog) at 4.00 when I was returning finally from my swim, that I finally managed after Karen's exit. He said he would pop round later.

7.00pm there's a female 'hello' it's Maria Glen's couch surfing Colombian contact.

I know that him and her have 'got it together' (so not much couch surfing more double bed surfing now!). He likes her, but was complaining about her lack of depilation.. I have to admit that there is somewhat a prominent moustache (eat your heart out Frida Kahlo) and my attention was indeed drawn when she lifted up her arms to a very healthy large thatch under the armpits. Now how shallow am I!

She is a lovely girl and in my years as a diving instructor I have certainly seen many nationalities and females where waxing, depilation, razors and Veet is distant world. I even had a half Egyptian friend in London who refused to shave as a point of principle, including the luxuriant herbaceous borders like shrubs on either side of a driveway in her swimming costume. She maintained that despite losing boyfriends over her luxuriant growths she stood steadfast. She did meet the man of her dreams when on their first night she derobed and he exclaimed 'I'm jealous.. you've got hairier legs than I have!' and thus started a relationship of true love!

So I was chatting with her, wondering when Gary would arrived. On calling him he said he would be half an hour. She is a lovely girl so it was interesting to chat to her. When arrived they were both on the sofa chatting, and I noticed bits of physical touching. I was asked what was on TV and I am thinking, oh shit, they are making themselves all comfortable, lining up their nights viewing. It was bad enough with Gary when he used to come over, slump on the sofa, choose the channel and then text to his Philippine girlfriends..... now I have two of them.

I made a comment about going out to the pub a bit later.... To which Gary asked Maria if she wanted to join me.. but he was too tired (oh dear, I was so looking forward to going out by myself and tapping my feet and feeling free!)... I thought it was a bit cheeky him offering up Maria to go out with me and he 'too tired'.

Anyway, they have now both left...

Is it me? I love seeing people. Love that people come round, but at the moment people seem to come round, put their feet up, monopolise my space, choose what to watch on TV and wear their welcome thin. Is this me just getting old?

I had a lovely evening last night when I went round to see Veronika, the one instructor that I worked with (and her boyfriend) that showed me any friendship and they are such a great couple. So it was lovely to see her last night and have a chat about things. Her boyfriend, Mark works on a liveaboard now (I used to work with him) a week on and a week off, so I think she is a bit rattling around in the week that he is away. She is a great character, Finnish girl and just like her spirit and her joie de vivre! (She is training at the moment for a 2km swim, 90km cycle ride and 24 km run, triathlon... gosh that wore me out just typing it!).... and most importantly I tried not to wear out my welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment