Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tumbleweed and Punk eau de cologne!



ExogenesisExogenesis


After last week’s high… I suppose it’s inevitable that the fall out will happen this week….

 

After my email to Lawrence the Sunday night fling.. and hoping to meet up at least one more time before he left I sent a message saying ‘I think it’s today you leave, and sorry never to have got a chance to meet again.  I hope the wedding went well.  Will think of you next time I’m in Perth.  Of course if you ever come back to Port… you know where I am.  Lovely to have met u.”

His reply  “Hey Rosie, Thanks so much! Was fun meeting u also, till next time x”.  A kind of courteous reply  saying thanks for the one night stand.. and I’m outta here’.

 

Mr PADI … still into Simon & Garfunkel’s …. Silence is Golden theme tune

Going through emotional highs and lows on this one…  I know he liked me.. maybe too much.. maybe too little.  Maybe I am reading too much into this .. maybe I’m not.  But bottom line I am adept at picking myself up, dusting myself off and carrying on.  Head up high.. or bowed against the oncoming wind… one has to move on.

So it was rather mopily the other evening that I was on my computer when out of the the blue I ended up chatting with this guy off of RSVP called Row  (no, not as in the argument, but as in Row.. short for Rowan).   He just seemed like a bit of a kindred spirit judging by his photo.. wind swept , sea action shot.  Sure enough we start chatting, then texting, then chatting on the phone (yep. Old fashioned concept -  phone conversations!).  Found out that we both have a love of photography to the point that he asked if I wanted to go with him on a dual photo shoot opportunity this weekend.  YEAH!!!  The first time some guy has suggested something interesting. I am not thinking of him as an amorous encounter (though he is attractive.. though a little on the small side for me), but just as a friendship.
 
Exogenesis

We got on so well we actually arranged to meet quickly last night.  All went well, we had a lovely chat, laugh, shared a couple of beers and then parted ways.  Both agreeing that it was about friendship and two people with shared interests.. so we are not talking anything heavy!

I texted back on returning home some witty comments and that it was lovely to meet him………………………………………  but no equally warming response was received so thought the curse of the tumbleweed had hit again.

Texted him this morning as well with some information he wanted………………… and finally I did receive a text reply 2 hours later with a  “Thanks.. I’ll check it out…  talk soon”… was that a watch this space kind or probably not kind of message ?

Yesterday, also, I had been meaning to contact my ex for a while.  So finally got round to calling him.  Got his voicemail.  So left a friendly message , “ Hi, just thought I’d call to say hi, hope all is going well with you, I’ll try again later”….. but no friendly return of my call back 24 hours later.

Is there something exuding off me at the moment.. some aura that resembles a mixture of Halitosis, BO and social pariah… that would be a good celebrity perfume for someone like Johnny Rotten!

Yeh, I know don’t treat it personally.. one can’t go through life looking at ourselves through the reflection of how others respond to us.  But sometimes that is only the measuring tool that we can use … just have to learn sometimes that the calibration can be a bit out!  I can totally understand it with Lawrence… but with Mr PADI.. after 9 months and about 5 ‘dates’.. I really don’t think that’s the same category.. I would have hoped by then that it was a bit more than just pure sexual gratification. 

No comments:

Post a Comment