Monday, February 11, 2013

My pictures in my pad.. all produced by moi!

Driftwood and beach view along Capt Cook Highway from Cairns to Port Douglas - Giclee


Here are some of my artworks in my house..

Inspired by the local scenery and colour schemes



My ripple picture in the bathroom with the words around the frame "Every action is a ripple in the pool of humanity" - Acrylic, filla and varnish

Rocky Beach - Along the Capt. Cook HIghway from Cairns to Port Douglas - Giclee

Nepal - taken in 1990.. monks in Kathmandu

Thailand, Bangkok - I like the juxtaposition of the temples of the past with the temple of the 'now'. Taken 1990

My first bathing in the Daintree Rainforest at Mossman Gorge - with my Havaiana flip flops.. with my chippolata toes.. taken Sept 2011

Holy man in Kathmandu, Nepal, not sure who's checking who out! Taken 1990.

Cuban Ballet School Havana - I was lucky to be invited to the school to advise on marketing strategy. Just walked past one of the massive double doors of this palatial school and saw this wonderful scene.  Taken 1989.

Experimentation with acrylics and candle wax

Painted this to link up with the new ethnic/african/tunisian theme of the main bedroom - acylic, pen, collage

Trying to link up the main bedroom theme colours.. Metal flowers from Indonesia mounted onto a painted canvas with ethnic strip detail collage and painted.

Bringing out the colour of the feature wall with some tropical vegetation imagery.  White base with spray paint green.

Saw this man on the train in India, so reminded me of Ghandi... 1990

Taken from the balcony where I live.  Then manipulated for a tropical modern abstract feel - Giclee

Bathing in the streets in Calcutta... 1990

India - Varanasi - an amazing place where death and life come togetheralong the banks of the Ganges -1990

Trees along the Capt. Cook Highway from Cairns to Port Douglas - Giclee
Here are some of my artworks that now adorn my walls where I live.  I like the idea of everything on my walls being produced by me... so here they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment