Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday cruising

datingA new POF coffee date today with Gary. From his profile 6'2" tall muscular and with that typical Australian down to earth no nonsense humour. I loved his profile account which says 'Was bought to my attention my profile pics appear as if I am in love with myself... well, that's not the case', which amused me for its honesty as his pic certainly looks that way!

Did meet up and we had a lovely afternoon. My first impression was that he had puffed up from this profile pic - a bout of depression with extreme fatigue syndrome which is now cured had rounded any edges.

As with Darren he has issues with his ex wife and his children. He has a court case about custody tomorrow.

I suppose it's just being at that certain age that men you meet are going to have children, alimony and divorces under their belt.

I think this could be a friend goer, as we did get on well, no sexual chemistry (shame about the expanded midriff! - I know I know.. kettle black!) but definitely had a good chat about the universe and everything. Though despite saying that I wasn't interested in fishing or hearing about the demise of animals - it didn't stop him talking in detail about how to set a foolproof trap for a mantis shrimp or pointing out the good places to fish for crayfish.

He told me a story about a previous POF date. He met up with a 21 year old girl... her POF profile pic did not show the piercings up the back of her neck and around her wrist. They did the coffee thing. Then she called him the next day to meet on the beach. She was there with another girlfriend and he escaped in his underwear (having a threesome on the beach with all the sandy bits he didn't find appealing). Later in the week despite protestations she came round to his house and stayed the night. After she left he was bombarded by 40 calls a day from her to which he finished it. A text message 3 weeks later advised him that she was pregnant.............. to which he replied 'congratulations' (he has had a vasectomy) so he knew it wasn't his! End of that experience.

Little bit concerned as we agreed to meet at one of the coffee places on the beach at Clifton Beach (which he spelt out to me). After not managing to find a coffee place by the beach I get a call from him saying that he was at Palm Cove!

And so on for a sexual first.....

Last night the phone went at 3.00am. Dulcid American tones emitted - it was Bruce from last weekend. Professing undying love. Whether the result of an empty bed, emotional turmoil, being half awake and the aftermath of alcohol we did enter into telephone sex. Him imagining me... me imagining 'S' (ex boyfriend) (I know! slap my wrists!). Never done it before, but it was interesting! Though felt my use of vocabulary wasn't as flowery as it could be (must read some more Mills & Boons bodice ripper books). He then proceeded to ring me back at 4.00am. Then at 7.04am (turned phone off then), then 7.17am then 7.30 am now he's calling at 20.40 and now again at 23.43 and finally 23.51 - I have now turned my phone off again - at this rate I will not even be able to put it back on again! A girl's got to get her beauty sleep. Found out he is 53 - told him I would see him when he grows his chest hairs..... but I think chest hairs or not it's going to have to be in true Aussie style 'Gdday Bruce!'.

As a footnote, S(ex boyfriend) did call on Friday night just as I was going out with Christian - my gay tenant and I haven't returned the call. Not sure how to play this one.... also, trying to work out his new relationship with Belle - I have just remembered that she was travelling in September and October, so if they got together in August it means that they have only had a few weeks together...

Should be interesting ... wonder how long it's going to last when Belle who definitely is a 'nice' girl is never taken out to dinner, theatre or cinema. All her social life is spent drinking and watching her boyfriend get sozzled. Their only day together is Sunday and we are talking about a man who left her 40th birthday party because he thought her friends were boring! Trace of bitterness perhaps creeping in there? Realism and a certain amount of - if you want him you can HAVE him - warts (of which there are many) and all! Well, it was her who called "S" a "functioning alcoholic" - so she has definitely stepped in with eyes wide open and brain closed! I know one is supposed to be all human and buddhist and say that if you love someone then you should wish them to be happy, but hey, looks like I am not the perfect human being. My karma over this one will be shot into the next 5 reincarnations to atone for my evil thoughts.

Had a long conversation with Matt today (hobbies surfing and gym!)- another POF contact... aged 28! Whoops! He wants to come and stay with me so I said it would be better to chat on the phone first. So we had a good chat - he seemed to be down to earth and straightforward (though if he was an axe murderer, I am sure as a criminal profiler they would act the same). If his picture is anything to go by he can come up and stay tomorrow! Though wouldn't mind seeing some more pics... in case he only has one eye. Talking has ticked the box against any speech impediments. Just worried this one might be too good to be true (certainly very sexy.. not sure about the mental meeting of two minds, but hey... he can string a sentence together and laugh at my jokes!)

dating




ss

No comments:

Post a Comment