Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas morning - lying in bed and received a phone call from my ex's sister. I had sent her a card and a letter explaining a little more for the reasons why I left her brother. So we had a lovely chat - that's the worst thing about splitting up with someone, you also split from the family. She is great and even congratulated me on leaving him!

Just noticed that the time on this blog is incorrect... it thinks it is yesterday.. how weird is that - even though my computer has the right time on it.... any ideas how to change that?

Then frantic text messages to all the flakies and friends wishing them a happy xmas.

Christmas and New Year are a time for reflection and contemplation. So what I have achieved in another year of my rather fast flashing life? Should it be even more poignant bearing in mind that 2012 is the Mayan change year - not so much the end of the world, but the end of a cycle - so this could be the last time to contemplate that!

So what have I acheived this year apart from my brain getting considerably more rusty trying to think? I have bought a house in Port Douglas, I have sold my flat in London and in the process of purchasing a property in Costa Rica. I have left a 6 year relationship. Travelled to UK, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, US and reconnected with such wonderful friends. Met and made friends with other amazing people. I have left my job 'in the city' and now working as a diver on the Barrier Reef and have moved 2500 km from Sydney to Port Douglas. I am finally getting back my 'mojo' and believing in myself again.

Whether one's life is ever on track is difficult. That's why this blog is good. To remind me looking back that a life is always full of that rollercoaster ride of ups and downs. I have to remember that life is made up of two types of people - the ones that concentrate on the lows or the other type that concentrate on the highs.

So I move forward hoping that I will be the latter one... that my life will continue to offer me highs to balance the lows.

Today off to the 'waifs and strays' party. Meeting up with friends at their house for the day. We have been asked to bring ice...... to keep the pool cool! That's a first for me!

And so to everyone who reads this blog.. thank you for your interest in little ol' me and may Christmas and New Year be a wonderful one for you all.

And what else happened on Christmas Day... yep.. got a bit messy.. my medley of drinks included 2 bottles of wine, sambuca shot, baileys shot and culminated in a water fight in the pool and my friend who ironically is a pole dancer and me swinging around on the the rotating clothes line. Gary (see previous blog) went to bed at about 10pm, though seeing his well shaped torso in the pool in the water fight got me a little excited! He rang me up this evening and asked "what happened to the clothes line.. ?". I ended up wobbling back on my bike (only fell off once), and was up bright eyed and bushy tailed (not!) for work at 7.00.

The following video is the hot tip way on how to dry your washing whilst imbibing! Yep.. that's me.. got spun off! Only trouble is, dried the washing but broke the washing line! Whoops just got the bill... $235.00 for a new washing line... still.. $120.. (splitting it with my co-washing line conspirator).. worth every dollar!


No comments:

Post a Comment