Thursday, December 29, 2011

Where's the pride in service gone.....

In the last two days I have been told:

Keep my brief for divers down to 15 minutes. Despite the fact that mine took 20 mins because they were new divers, I wasn't in a hurry and they were asking questions and I wanted to make sure they understood.

Not to help divers as they get onto the boat by helping them take off their fins at the ladder..."they are certified divers they should be able to sort themselves out".

These people are being charged $250 for 3 dives... don't you think a little help here and there might help?

Now I have to just wait and watch people trying awkwardly to take off their fins at the ladder and I can't help.

I love the diving part... but all the rest is SHIT.! I am gritting my teeth and hope that the new year will bring in other work options. Or that some supervisors spontaneously combust!

Is it so wrong to try to give people help. Also, in a briefing if I can address any questions and give a good briefing it makes my job so much easier.

I will write more about work in one of these blogs.. but just getting peeved by this take all the money and give nothing back in return type attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment