Saturday, December 17, 2011

What is it with these men!

Well...

Internet Dating beginning to know why all these men are on dating sites... because men on them seem to be as flaky as a chocolate flake that has been stamped on! Or as tired as a limp lettuce leaf that you find at the end of parties.

If it sounds like I am a little hacked off, well yes, I have my hands in the air in exasperation with my mouth open exhaling deeply!

I have met up with 7 men from one dating site:


1.

Still a friend and we enjoy texting each other.. He would like it to be more but I am pleased just to have an intelligent, witty friend!

2.

Lovely guy with braces investing in property, but just a bit bland

3.

Despite a birthday message sent no reply received back. He was OK and would have been fine as a friend.

4.

Control freak that gave me an interview not a date. He asked me pointedly how I regarded personal and house hygiene and the importance of his standards of hygiene and cleanliness. He also warned me that watching TV was bad for my eyes.

5.

Going through ugly split, ex girlfriend tried to commit suicide when we were due to meet, threw him out of the home and in bitter custody dispute

6.

Just split from ex girlfriend and going through custody battle

7.

Arranged to meet up again on numerous occasions and he has now advised me that he has sleep and depression problems. Should have had my suspicions when we first started texting and I asked him to call so we could chat and he said he was too tired. Though not too tired to send sexy texts including a picture of a certain excited member which took me by surprise. So due to meet up today but he was ‘too tired and depressed’. (Alec - the pilot)

Another site I joined a month ago and this is the stats:

418 people viewed me

132 emails – 117 unread, 51 winks

25 invites to speed date

Out of this one:

1.

Spent a long time chatting over a period of weeks (he works on the mines 2 wks on and 1 wk off). Arranged to meet up but he missed the plane and in the week he was back despite a few attempts we never met up. Did have phone sex when he returned back to work (see previous blog). Last time I called him he said he couldn't talk as he was too tired (let him off as it was 10.15pm and he had been working physically in 47 degree heat (and that was in the shade!). See Louis in previous blog post.

2.

Arranged a meeting on a Sunday via text and email. Never spoke to me before that. Rang me up on the Saturday to advise me he couldn’t make it. That was literally the phone call verbatim (obviously a man of few words).. and never heard from him again.

3.

Received a wink from another guy who seemed very nice … sent him a message.. never heard back


So funny, because no. 7 was 'too tired' to meet up today I called my friend Gary here and asked if wanted to do anything today. He said no.. he was 'too tired'. What is it with these men!


It's strange I went past the school a few weeks ago and saw all the Mums collecting their children. It just seemed a life a million miles away from me.


Now when I see couples together I have that same dislocated feeling. I cannot now ever envisage myself in a relationship. Though to add to the irony, my libido which I thought I had lost has now reared its head (unfortunate turn of phrase!).


What about meeting the locals...? you may ask. I did meet two guys on Friday night.. not a good start when they recognised me from my court appearance . They were also present in court for DUI charges. They both share a house and were both caught independently. One of them took a shine to me. English guy from Yorkshire aged 27. When I told him I wasn't interested as I was too old for him he said that 32 was not too old (bless him!). We did chat all evening and I made it clear I wasn't interested. He bared his heart to me and we had an indepth chat. He has come out of a 10 year relationship, ruined through the death of his 9 week baby, which they both couldn't cope well with. Seems like he has been taking refuge in drink and drugs. Quite a sweety but with a 'do not touch' and 'danger, beware' signs to me all over him.



Saw the landscape gardener last night, he didn't even want to acknowledge me. So I have the dichotemy of wanting to have sex, but I don't want just passing ships in the night type thing.. but don't want to launch myself into a full blown relationship......


Friends with benefits ......now just need to find some friends...



I have one called Gary.. that I now hang out with a lot, fit body, musician and works on the yachts but he's very straight down the line, so I don't think he would entertain being a FWB and it's not something you can really ask... makes it a bit cold and could scare him off as a friend.


Trying another tac... going to a singles night in Cairns on 11 January for 35-50 year olds... so could be interesting..



1 comment:

  1. Meditate on 'What you resist, persists' Start resisting.
    I'm of course an expert!

    ReplyDelete