Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"P" for pause

Met up with "P" last night.

picture 2

We had a lovely night - I offered for him to stay the night - with whatever inference that meant - not even knowing myself! With the hanging question.. do I really want to see his other 22 piercings?

I thank the fact that he is a mature 44 year old in many ways and is a man of caution and intelligence.

From how he was talking yesterday, I perceive a man who treads carefully and when he advised me he had given the government $44m in tax over 15 years I thought.. he probably has reason!

We had a pub dinner and then had a detour to buy some 'home grown' via a friends house. What is it.. not having drugs for years and now twice in a week!

So went back to mine with a smoko and a wino (well, that's the local lingo). I was sitting there and realised that I don't think I had spoken for a long time. "P" certainly could talk the hind legs off a donkey talking about himself. I don't think he asks me any questions about myself. Last time he was here he was surprised about me when I showed him a few things about myself - and I thought - well, if I could get a word in edgeways, and if you actively encouraged me to talk then you might find something out about me.

He is very hyper to the point where 1am is an early night and he is up again at 6am for the sunrise. I did think - that would be a nightmare if you were in a relationship with him. Funnily enough, he said the same thing.

He had driven here in an open topped jeep - and his long hair (yes, his hair is now shoulder length - so not like the photo) had whipped his eyeball, so it wasn't the most romantic mood chatting with a man doing the impersonation of a pirate. With a tissue dapping his eye every 10 minutes.

I am not sure if he fancies me, taking it steady, wants me as a friend etc. I think if one knows another persons intentions one can bounce one's emotions off that. I find it difficult to read what he really wants.

Certainly from my part, I am pleased to keep a platonic relationship and wouldn't wish to have a physical one that would jeopardise this. Also in my old fashioned Aunt Maud way, I really would like to keep to one man at a time. Certainly Simon seems keen to see me again (the 25 yr old rugby guy), and though we are not in a relationship just like to keep things clear for my befuddled middle age brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment