Thursday, January 5, 2012

Well, I was going to write a blog about the friends I have made so far here in Port, but today one of the lines between a friend was somewhat extended.

A good friend who I have known for about a month is Gary

We have kind of hung out, rung each other up and made arrangements like mates. He is my trivia quiz partner (yep, don't have that many friends for a team yet!).

He loves travel, exploring, politics and is very caring. He helped me so much when my car broke down and is one life's givers. He is a little serious at times, but we do have a good laugh now and again.

He works on the crew of a yacht moored near my work boats so we often wave and say hi to each other whilst at work.

He has never made any moves towards me or intimations that he fancied me.... almost to the point of 'no contact'. Not even a peck on the cheek. Was it the case of 'tho protesteth too much'?

Last night it was his birthday (41) so 6 of us had a little soiree dinner at the nearby Sheridan Hotel, which was lovely. The ensemble was one American chiropractor - Dick, 2 of Gary's cousins Brad (owns a helicopter business) and Ewin (just started to work as a diving instructor) (that had never met each other before), Christine (Brad's girlfriend) - who I know as we work on the same boat.

The $25 drink as much as you can wine.. went down well.........

We had a lovely evening and then went back to Dick and Gary's house (they share the house). Whereupon the lights all went down and on Dick's mega screen up came the opening credits for a James Bond film. So Dick's idea of a good night is then to watch a film... what happened to human interaction and conversation?

I was right next to Gary's feet as I was lounging on the day bed at the end of the sofa. So ended up giving Gary a foot massage.... also worried as Gary's diving instructor cousin I could feel was trying to make a play, and the arrangement was for us both to sleep downstairs on the two seperate day beds.

Luckily Gary ended up moving and lying on the bed with me where he gave me a neck and shoulder massage and whereupon............ we both fell asleep!

Woke up after everyone had gone to sleep and Gary said - 'come up stairs to my room'........ yep.. you get the picture.. so of course... up I go.

We had a lovely explore and made love, he asked me what I wanted and was attentive to my needs. I in turn was happy to oblige what he liked (thank goodness it was all within reason and didn't involve any major gymnastics or fetish moves).

I do find him attractive and he has a lovely body. Though I would like to keep him as a friend the benefits bit certainly have their 'benefits'. He is off to Philippines in 6 days for 2-3 months, so no danger of anything developing there.

So finally, after 7 months after leaving my ex, I feel, finally, that I have had a positive physical encounter. So lovely to wake up and feel a body next to me. Though I don't know if the feeling was mutual, as Gary had to turn me more times than a hyperactive rotisserie to keep me off my back to stop my snoring!

Only irony... he couldn't kiss me. Being out on the boat in the sun had cracked his lips so they were very sore! I didn't realise and thought he was doing the prostitute thing of not kissing me..

Today I was supposed to meet up with Shane - the guy who contacted me through Facebook today, but he texted to say he had to work. So Gary and I spent the day together and lazed by the Pepper pool pretending we were rich tourists!

1 comment: