Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spat the dummy at work

I will be writing a longer blog post on work. Just building up to it.

Just a little ditty about where I work.. I received my roster for last week, including a Sunday off.

A Sunday is the only day that Simon gets off so we organised to meet up.

On Friday afternoon I was advised 'you have Saturday off and on standby for Sunday'.

I exclaimed with frustration to the Japanese supervisor, 'oh shit... that means I have to cancel Sunday'. Oh dear.. my mouth exclaimeth too mucheth!

From small beginnings big mole hills grow. So she got upset that I was upset and went to get her head honcho dive supervisor boyfriend who in no uncertain terms said:

"You will have tomorrow off, and you will come in to work on Sunday, and if we don't need you we will send you home"

I did say at the end of the day to her that I apologise profusely for my outburst (was thinking of the hari kiri knife in the stomach Japanese apology technique), but she was OK.

I realise also, that if I voice a preference for choosing days off, that in low season I will be knocking on the door asking for work as they assign slim work pickings to other people.

Sure enough....................

Thank goodness she called me on Saturday at 5.30pm to be told that I wasn't working Sunday (hence me jumping on the bus at 6.15 to see Simon) she didn't have to do that and could have called me 7.00am on Sunday morning for that one! So owe her one!

My days off this week have now been Saturday, Sunday, Monday (sent home), Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday! Aaah their revenge is a sweet dish.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog picture...

    Oh dear your life work balance is slightly...unbalanced.

    ReplyDelete