Monday, November 5, 2012

Europe Trip... Images


My blog has somewhat taken a back step... as I took a massive step across the world for a trip back to Europe.

It has been a whirlwind tour and encompassed London, Primrose Hill, Camden Switzerland -  Geneva, Sion;  St. Albans, Canterbury, Guernsey (unscheduled stop at Jersey) Heathrow airport and quite a few times at Gatwick Airport!

 I went back to help my Father celebrate his 80th birthday.  He was noticeably weaker, but in himself is fine.  He didn't quite manage to make it to coffee at his birthday lunch as he was too tired, but it was a lovely day and he was surrounded by friends that card dearly about him.  He is a shadow of his former self and I think he has now overcome his embarrassment by his Parkinson's where he can't crack jokes or make wise cracks in his usual timely manner.. though he still does have his sense of humour and is adjusting well to his much altered state.

And as for the rest of the trip... highlights every day visiting and being in contact with such wonderful friends.  Staying with my best friend and her family was wonderful and was just amazing to spend time with her - my soul sister.

 Caught up with the youngest oldest person I know.. my Great Aunt Joan, who at 92 yrs old is still vibrant and with the very fervent message 'enjoy life whilst you can'.

 

Greg.. when we lived in Phi Phi in Thailand

Reconnected with Greg - a friend I met 11 years ago when we were working in diving in Thailand together.  He was the first man ever who came up to me at (the age of 40!) He was 25...... to say that he found me beautiful and could he ask me for a drink. After looking around and not seeing any other women standing nearby and then wondering if it was a cruel joke we did indeed go out and dated for about 3 weeks and then remained friends.  He was in Sydney 2 years ago and we met up for a drink... and the invitation to visit him in Switzerland... which 2 years later.. I did.  We had a marvellous time and he was the perfect gentleman.. even cooking a fondue for me on the first night.  We certainly had fun in sampling the local wine produce... delicious.. in so many ways and catching up in other wonderful ways.. bringing back some lovely memories of our intimate encounters on a little island in Thailand all those years ago.

It has been a whirlwind since I got back.. literally had enough time to unload my suitcase and spent three days filming (details in next blog).  Yes, I miss my friends back in UK terribly.. especially my best friend who is the closest 'family' to me.  Also coming back I have to find work as I do not have work... so trying to get re-established again...... so we will see how that goes!

Back to Fish and Chip land

Primrose Hill in Autumnal beauty

Autumnal Colours

Camden's own brews

St. Alban's Abbey

The Ace Cafe.... My best friend on her Moto Guzzi and my first taste of Kippers for breakfast for years!

Visiting my sister in Guernsey.. a one hour trip from London that took 12 hours via Jersey due to fog

Unidentified dead animal on the tube in London (actually I think it was a faux fur wrap someone left behind)

Setting the scene.. view from train coming back from Canterbury

St. Martin's opposite Trafalgar Square... taken on my one night out in the West End exploring local drinking holes

Halloween looking out from my best friend's place where I was staying in Primrose Hill

Just in case I was unsure where I was.... a day of culture.  Went to the V&A.. no tickets available for the exhibition we wanted to see. Went to the Tate... Next slot for availability for Pre Raphaelite was an hour and a half later. So ended up at Somerset house in a FREE exhibition with hardley any people.

Ecuadorean Embassy where Julian Assange is now staying to avoid American extradition


Memories of a few nights out in Camden....

Walking back at night from Camden to Primrose Hill along the canal

Switzerland Lausanne.. view from train and a memory of my departed Mother's birthplace and some poignant thoughts as I whizzed by

Greg's beautiful chalet in the Aps

Greg in the spa.. with the best view in the world across the alps

View from Greg's chalet

Walking in the alps with Greg

Outdoor swimming pool where we swam in the alps


View from Greg's chalet

 

View from train on way back... shores of Lausanne..

Camden shop fronts

Camden shop front

Busker in Camden

Departing from Heathrow... bye bye England..

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to see you in such form. Keep it up. From the bottom half of our panto routine,

    ReplyDelete