Monday, November 5, 2012

Mr PADI ....stands for...Pumped and Displayed Irony!


From a few blogs back you will note that I was teetering on the brink of going to the cinema with Mr PADI

He had announced a week before that he was entering a body building competition.

I didn't think too much about it, but gave agreeable 'oh, that's good' type of response.

I asked him whether he would like to go diving on Monday since it was a bank holiday.  He replied that he wouldn't have enough energy to go diving DER!!!  This is a body builder lifting how many weights and he doesn't have the energy to go diving??

We did  go to the cinema a couple of times before I left to go to the UK... always exiting to kisses and hugs.  The first time we hugged and kissed and then it was obvious that we weren't going to continue this.. except to get in our cars and go home.  I understood then, that this body building is an extreme sport.  To get the muscles to show with defnition they literally starve themselves pre competition so there is no fat on any of the muscles.  Then before competition they cut out water so that they go in looking lean with no water retention anywhere.

So the second time we went to the cinema after a kiss and a cuddle I said 'you're not up to anything when you are in competition mode?'...meaning sex is too much effort... and he said that he didn't have energy for it.   I did ask if it was a natural competition and he confirmed it was.  But I am not naive to think that steroids don't fit in here somewhere... and I have seen first hand a rather unnatural lack of performance in that area already when we did 'get it together'.

How ironical I thought that I meet a diver, but we don't go diving.  I meet a ripped man, who can't use his body in the way that I would like!  And I like him because he is fun to be with and great to chat to... but we end up sitting in a cinema and not talking to each other.....

Someone up there certainly has a sense of humour!




No comments:

Post a Comment