Wednesday, November 28, 2012

So what's the next step



Since I have returned from the UK from my Dad's Birthday in October I haven't really got any work.

It's a situation I actually love! It is amazing how days whizz by and I still have lots of projects and ideas that I would like to fulfil, but it does boil down to the old spondoolics... so I need to keep my head above water.

The last year has really eaten into my savings and though I have money invested it's not accessible so I have to earn my liquid currency!

On my return with my long term tenant in my house in Costa Rica gave in his notice after only 8 weeks of a 1 year rental agreement!  I had no holiday lets in Port Douglas lined up so income was a little scarce.

Luckily I had done some work before being a snorkel guide on my friend's yacht.. so since I was back and they needed someone.. I am now working on their boat.  So far this month I have worked 6 half days at $90 for half a day.. so that has helped.

It's good work not stressful and with only 3 crew (Jackie and her husband) and me and a maximum of 25 guests it makes for a lovely half day.

Going to the Low Isles which is a turtle haven means that one regularly sees turtles, sharks, giant batfish and it's beautiful.

I have applied for various jobs in diving and behind desks.. so it will be interesting to see where the next turn takes me!

The yacht I work on - my office at the moment.. all 91 ft of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment