Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Texy Sexy


Went to see Tex Perkins in concert (see Cruel Sea, Beasts of Bourbon)

I put out a request on Facebook - anyone want to accompany me and Melissa contacted me to say that she would come.

Melissa is quite a gift to my life here. 

We last met as teenage school girls as we went to the same school in St. Albans in UK.

Through mutual friends I found out that she lived in Australia.. and coincidence on coincidence she lives in Kuranda which is an hours drive away.

We have linked up a few times in the last year and we really hit if off and is becoming a firm friend here.  So I am so lucky to have made this connection and found almost a ready made friend here.

We arrived early as Melissa didn't have a ticket.  So we were there an hour early.  Unallocated seats meant we had our pick of the empty seats. 

So we went right up to the front and plonked ourselves literally right at his feet... yep.. could look right up his nostrils.

The stage wasn't high.. but have to admit that eye level looking up was definitely crotch level!

Tex Perkins was pure charisma.. a man walking down the street that one might look sideways at as he is about 6'4", but despite a slight distended middle aged paunch he was sex on legs.  He oooooozed sexiness... funny how it's not how one looks it's how one carries oneself it's a culmination of assurance, charisma and a spattering of je ne sai quoi!

At one stage he went off and came back on and asked straight to Melissa and me - 'were my flies undone' we said " No,  we certainly would have noticed!'...

When he told the audience he was hot.... I couldn't believe the chorus of girls shouting 'get your top off'... haha.. musical titillation!








http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEB0l6OqLR4


This is how I first heard of them in 1990.. The  Cruel Sea with Got to Get a Lawyer...

What a great entertainer.. and amazing voice

No comments:

Post a Comment