Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ex for Ex-sense of humour!

After seeing my Ex in Sydney when he dropped the bombshell that his new girlfriend was expecting a baby boy in January - amazing what can happen in 18 months!

I sent a friendly email, which I attached a joke email about art therapy and tourettes.. which used to appeal to his sense of humour.



So lovely to catch up with you when I came via Sydney on my way back to UK.  What wonderful news about you expecting a little bub.  Can only wish you all the best for January and for both and you Mel entering into Parenthood.

It was, as always lovely to catch up with everyone and managed to catch up with Pete and Craig quite a few times.  Didn't see Andy.. but did manage a rock night at the Unicorn pub in Camden Road certainly threw up a lot of familiar faces all looking a bit older but with the same clothes and great for a bit of a head bang!  Never made it to Metalworks..  So funny.. being like in a timewarp.


It was lovely to catch up with my Father, who is noticeably weaker, but inside is still the same humorous person, just much slower and he didn't manage to make it to coffee on his birthday lunch and wanted to be taken home as he was tired.  But he had a lovely 80th surrounded by close friends so that was good.  


I hope that all goes well with your prospective house hunting and house purchase.


Your business certainly seems to be flourishing off the back of your hard work, so you bloody deserve everything good on that one! (Now that Allans has gone under.. I bet you are sweeping up!).


Well, I saw this ad thought of you... and thought it would be wasted if I didn't forward this to you.


All the best with everything, regards to your Parents and 'Hi' to Chris





Email reply:




Nice one. I will forward to Piers. Glad it was good seeing Denis. Hard when he is getting older. I guess we are all getting older……Metalworks & the Unicorn??? Surely too old for that. 

Thanks for the wishes. 
Do you think he could have made a more curter, shorter, less interesting, humourless and utterly cold reply.  One can only conclude that Fatherhood has gone to his head.  What happened to the laughing, happy man that was full of joie de vivre and sparkle with that cheeky glint.  I think I lost him when I moved to Sydney.. very slowly.. from the man who used to wave dangerously whilst single handedly riding on his motorbike to everybody along the road when we lived in Costa Rica with a 'buena dia'.. to getting in his car in Sydney and shouting 'wanker, idiot' at other road users in his citified lifestyle.
When I saw him in Sydney his comment was 'you can't be properly living in a place if you don't have a job'... so that was a bit of a side swipe.
Well... good luck to his new girlfriend and his new life... I am glad that I am out of that one! He is obviously losing his Peter Pan complex and turning into a an Alf Garnett complex..
 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment